· Coco peat is a multi-purpose soil conditioner and surface mulch/rooting medium. It is consistent and uniform in texture.
· It is a completely homogeneous material composed of millions of capillary micro-sponges that absorb and hold up to eight times its own weight in water. The natural pH of 5.7 to 6.5, plus an unusually high Caption Exchange Capacity – and Easy Available Water assures that coir will hold and release nutrients in solution over extended periods without additional watering.
· The coir pith is cleaned and sieved before it is compressed. For easy transportation and usage it is compressed into a 25 Kg PP bag or 650 grams briquette or a 5 kg block.
Characteristics & Benefits of Coco peat
Chemical Properties:High water holding capacity used as hydroponics* Acceptable pH 5.8 to 6.8* Acceptable EC > 0.5 to1.00.Excellent wet ability – superior to peat* Ability to retain nutrients against leaching and to buffer supply
Physical properties: Unique water holding capacity*Good drainage/aeration* Less shrinkage
Biological:No pests, weeds or diseases
· Odorless and pleasant to handle Natural and renewable resource Uniform in composition.
· Coco peat 25 kg Bag is a 100% natural growing medium.
· Used in many applications such as farms, green houses, horticulture, hydro seed spraying and landscaping, seed germination and as a substitute for potting soil, bark compost.
· Also be used in golf course setting for soil conditioner
· Used in mushroom industry as a casing medium